Main recommendations for deep frying
Basic recommendations for professional frying oil usage
- Store the oil in closed containers at temperatures between +8°C and +20°.
- Always maintain the required level of oil in the fryer, add only fresh oil.
- Do not add salt above the frying; give your products some time to become dry before frying.
- Replace the oil when:
- There is an oily foam at the edges of the deep fryer and it doesn’t disappear for a long time;
- There is a smoke above the surface of the oil;
- The color and the smell of the fried food don’t match normal expectation.
- Maintain proper frying time and temperature. The temperature before and after frying should be the same and should match all requirements of the operation manual of the deep fryer.
- After the product is ready, allow the oil to drain off (10 seconds minimum).
- After each frying cycle it is necessary to remove suspended particles from the oil and the food debris from the bottom of the fryer with a special stainless steel spatula.
- Filter the oil regularly day (or even more often) with the help of filters or the filter machine.
- Wash deep fryers only with special detergents. At the last stage it is recommended to wash the deep fryer with a small amount of oil and then to pour the oil away.
- Comply with the deep fryer’s cleansing and maintenance schedule.